BMW E24 Sanden Air Conditioning Conversion Kit
Designed and engineered for the enthusiast, this conversion kit offers a complete, plug-and-play upgrade to the A/C system in the E24 to R134a using a modern Sanden compressor, new R134a lines, and all the necessary supporting bracketry. This upgrade will result in colder A/C vent temperatures, less strain on the engine, and a more efficient and durable A/C system.
Note: Line layout and design may differ by model. Early model cars (typically pre-1985) will need the later engine accessory mount: 64521284953.
What’s in the box?
- Genuine Sanden SD5H14 (508) compressor
- ACS Sanden compressor bracket
- Low-pressure suction line (bulkhead to compressor)
- High-pressure discharge line (compressor to drier)
- OE filter drier w/ R134a high-pressure fitting
- Larger v-belt
- Compressor mounting hardware
- Model specific R134a engine bay o-ring kit
- Detailed installation instructions (download)
This product requires no R&D, and is easily reversible using professionally engineered components, OEM-like hardware, and durable replacement parts resulting in a trouble-free installation that can be completed in under 4 hours by a professional. It is designed to tuck neatly around the factory heat shield(s) while providing ample clearance around both US and euro headers and OEM undertrays.
This kit assumes your vehicle is stock and still retains all original equipment. It is designed to use the OEM condenser and aux fan, high-pressure switch (on drier), and high-pressure drier return lines, along with proper functionality of the evaporator, expansion valve, and HVAC sensors.