BMW E30 Sanden Conversion Kit
Designed and engineered for the enthusiast, this conversion kit offers a complete, plug-and-play upgrade to the A/C system in the E30 to R134a using a modern Sanden compressor, Nissens parallel flow condenser, R134a expansion valve, new R134a lines (inside and out), and all the necessary supporting bracketry. This upgrade will result in colder A/C vent temperatures, less strain on the engine, and a more efficient and durable A/C system.
Note: Cars fitted with fuel coolers will have to be capped and removed.
Coming soon - 325ix, M3, and 24v swaps!
What’s in the box?
- Genuine Sanden SD5H14 (508) compressor
- ACS Sanden compressor bracket
- Genuine Nissens parallel flow condenser
- Low-pressure suction line (bulkhead to compressor)
- High-pressure discharge line (compressor to drier)
- High-pressure condenser return line (condenser to drier)
- Interior line set w/ o-rings
- OE filter drier (for high and low pressure switches)
- R134a expansion valve
- Larger v-belt
- R134a low and high-pressure fittings
- Compressor mounting hardware
- Model specific R134a o-ring kit
- Detailed installation instructions (download)
This product requires no R&D, and is easily reversible using professionally engineered components, OEM-like hardware, and durable replacement parts resulting in a trouble-free installation that can be completed in under 4 hours by a professional. It is designed to fit both stock and euro headers while providing ample clearance around the factory oil cooler lines and OEM brake ducting/undertray.
This kit assumes your vehicle is stock and still retains all original equipment. It is designed to use the OEM aux fan, high and low pressure switches (on drier), and high-pressure drier return line, along with proper functionality of the evaporator, expansion valve, and HVAC sensors.