BMW E28 Sanden Air Conditioning Conversion Kit
Designed and engineered for the enthusiast, this conversion kit offers a complete, plug-and-play upgrade to the A/C system in the E28 to R134a using a modern Sanden compressor, larger parallel flow condenser, new R134a lines, and all the necessary supporting bracketry. This upgrade will result in colder A/C vent temperatures, less strain on the engine, and a more efficient and durable A/C system.
Note: Line layout and design may differ by model. Early model cars (typically pre-1985) will need the later engine accessory mount: 64521717007 (M20); 64521284953 (M30). And late model cars (typically post-1987) with fuel coolers will have to be capped and removed.
What’s in the box?
- Genuine Sanden SD5H14 (508) compressor
- ACS Sanden compressor bracket
- Parallel flow condenser (for use with OEM fan)
- Low-pressure suction line (bulkhead to compressor)
- High-pressure discharge line (compressor to drier)
- High-pressure condenser return line (condenser to drier)
- OE filter drier w/ R134a high-pressure fitting
- Larger v-belt
- Compressor mounting hardware
- R134a o-ring kit
- Detailed installation instructions (download)
This product requires no R&D, and is easily reversible using professionally engineered components, OEM-like hardware, and durable replacement parts resulting in a trouble-free installation that can be completed in under 4 hours by a professional. It is designed to tuck neatly under the rad cover while providing ample clearance around the factory oil cooler and OEM brake ducting/undertray.
This kit assumes your vehicle is stock and still retains all original equipment. It is designed to use the OEM aux fan, high-pressure switch (on drier), and high-pressure drier return line, along with proper functionality of the evaporator, expansion valve, and HVAC sensors.